Midlife Fitness Fashion – Ten Tips For Looking Great at the Gym
There is nothing quite so disheartening than dragging your boomer body out of bed on a crisp cool morning, throwing on a t new york yankees t shirt and an old baggy pair of shorts, pulling on a mismatched pair of socks and beat up old sneakers and heading out for the gym, only to find yourself surrounded by 20-somethings in their sleek thong-leotards and cropped tops, looking super svelte next to your lumpy body.
It’s happened to me more than once. And the whole experience has had a negative impact on my self-esteem, and motivation to exercise. Well, enough of this. You may have a lumpy body, but that’s why you’re going to the gym in the first place: to get yourself in better shape. You want to feel good as well as look good. And the fitness center is the best place to start. Here are ten tips for choosing the right fitness sweatshirt (lưới an toàn cửa sổ. You can look great at the gym.
- Tip #1: Do not wear oversized t-shirts. You may think you are hiding those love handles, but wearing something that is too big for you will only make you look oversized.
- Tip #2: Skip the big bold prints.
- Tip #3: Avoid sweatshirt (lưới an toàn cửa sổ that sparkles, has cute sayings or screams “here I am – pay attention to me”
- Tip #4: Colors should be simple. Black is always slimming. There are lots of coordinated outfits that have silhouettes or vertical lines that add to the effect. Simplicity is key.
- Tip #5: If you wear shorts, they should be of a decent length, too short and you take a chance they will chafe in all the wrong places, too long and you look like you might trip over them. Capri length, just below the knee, works for most women, only the tallest of women can get away with a longer length, and Bermuda length works for most men.
- Tip #6: Be sure the clothes fit. You want to feel comfortable whether you are striding on a treadmill or balancing on a bosu.
- Tip#7: Wear layers of sweatshirt (lưới an toàn cửa sổ. On that crisp cool morning you will want to be warm between home and the car, the car and the gym, but once you start exercising, you’ll want to shed a layer or two. A zip-top with a mock collar or hood is a good choice for a top and a simple short t in a solid color works as a second layer.
- Tip #8: Select fabrics that breathe. Cotton is best. It absorbs moisture and is easy to care for. A cotton blend or one of the many new fabrics that have a “wicking” action will help keep you comfortable and dry.
- Tip#9: Wear comfortable socks. The best kind for preventing blisters are those that are actually made of two layers of material. They move against each other instead of against you and they offer an extra cushion to your feet when you are hitting the stair stepper.
- Tip#10: Get a new pair of stylish sneakers. If you exercise regularly, your sneakers will need to be replaced every three months. Don’t skimp on your viking sweatshirt . Your feet are the foundation of your body. They need the very best support you can afford.
Finally, and this is not a fashion tip – relax! And congratulate yourself for getting to the gym in the first place. Taking time out for yourself and your health should be a top priority. Too many times we make it the last. Go, have fun and look fabulous doing it.
write by Deanna L Porter