DIY Original Halloween Costume Tips and Ideas
Many adults have art and craft skills to make their own Halloween or special events costume. Hand or machine stitching, glue, and paste are the basic fasteners. Creativity and imagination are the magic ingredients.
Simple Adult costumes for Halloween celebrations and other costume events need not be expensive to make.
Tap your talents and skills to imagine and make the costume of your choosing.
The most time-consuming step of costume preparation is deciding what to wear. Once decided, completing the rest of the design is easy and fast.
Are you confused or undecided? I recommend looking at books, magazines, and other alternative sources of visual aids to spark your creativity and imagination. Do not copy every detail.
- Look into closets and bureau draws to select sweatshirt (lưới an toàn ban công) and props.
- Decide to wear a mask, special makeup, or Halloween facial paints. Your choice depends on cost, comfort, length of time, storage, and cleaning.
- Head wrappings may comprise a wig, hair extenders, scarf, hat, and temporary hair tints.
- Head wraps and footwear need to feel comfortable, weather appropriate, and in keeping with the costume theme.
- We can find most miscellaneous accessories in the home. Create with cardboard, toilet paper rolls, paper, foam cups and plates, and plastic bags.
- Animals – rabbits and dinosaurs
- Cartoon characters
- Simple inanimate objects – a cardboard box, a robot
- Sport figures
- Television and movie characters
- Work related uniforms – nurses, doctors, police officer, and executive with a brief case
These traditional costumes continue to be favored, with each generation updating their attire.
- Original and self-expressive
- Individual or theme designs
- Use your art and crafts skills and talents
- Creature and weather comfortable
- Use as everyday attire
- Recycle for alternative uses
- Eliminate waste
An original costume is a one-of-a- kind fantasy. The mask disguises the wearer and provides fun for others to guess their identity. The following is a starter list of DIY costume ideas.
- Famous chef
- Lamp shade
- A favorite food or product
- Animal trainer
- Dismembered human being
- A super hero
- A rock
- An ice cream cone
- The Addams Family
- A table with cloth and settings
- Salt and pepper
- Twin towers
- Kermit and Miss Piggy
- Celebrity dance couple
- Bride and groom
- Bicycle for 2
- Artist and model
- Eskimo and seal
- A bouquet of flowers
- A box of crayons or pencils
- The Addams Family
- Hawaiian or other cultural dancers
- Al Capone and his gangsters
- Military men
- Seven dwarfs
- Elves or leprechaun
- A group of bears or other animals
Are you an active participant in costume events? Never wait till the last moment to make a costume. Make a list of the dates and types of interested events. Register for the event in a timely manner. Make your costume wearable for several occasions.
write by Fidelma